ClimaSouth launched a policy paper on NDC implementation in the South Mediterranean region
The EU-funded project ClimaSouth has just launched a policy paper that discusses NDC implementation in the South Mediterranean region. The paper presents the results of a comparative analysis of the NDC process among eight countries (Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Tunisia) with a focus on the six following topics:
- Planning, assessment and mobilization of resources for NDC implementation
- Building coordination to support the NDC process
- Mainstreaming NDC implementation into national processes
- Alignment of the NDC and SDG processes
- Communicating adaptation efforts and using NAPs to deliver on NDC goals
- Measurement, Reporting and Verification (MRV) of NDC implementation
The result is a compact assessment of where the eight countries currently stand with the NDC implementation process. The paper concludes with a summary of the topics analyzed and recommendations for the road ahead.
The paper is available for download on the ClimaSouth website: http://www.climasouth.eu/en/node/519
The ClimaSouth Policy Series tailors policy advice to the specific and timely priorities of partner countries in the South Mediterranean region. The series draws on the project’s expertise in comparing country experiences and identifying best practices in the region. By focusing on how climate action can be implemented, the ClimaSouth policy papers are designed to support national administrations in the development and implementation of climate change policy. They also target a wider range of stakeholders in the region to engage more effectively in the global climate change framework.