Negotiation & Implementation
Enhancing negotiation capacity/knowledge
The project supports capacity development related to international climate negotiations on low carbon development and resilience to climate change. Activities include climate science and modelling, improving understanding and capacities on low carbon development paths (mitigation), and resilience to climate change (adaptation), technology cooperation and finance to improve positioning in international negotiations.
Improving awareness to climate change issues
Awareness activities aim at highlighting the importance of climate change and of associated costs and benefits of mitigation and adaptation actions as well as how climate change may be integrated throughout national policymaking. The project provides technical and help desk facilities and specific events on practical issues, such as expert meetings and training courses on Low Carbon Development, resilience to climate change and finance.
ClimaSouth products & activities
The following key products and activities have been implemented by the project :
- Climate Change Capacity Building & NAMA activity Identification & Formulation.
- Capacity Building for Climate Action in Palestine.
- Improving Climate Change Information.
- Dialogue on key Climate Change challenges and opportunities.
- Climate Change Communication.
- EU – Neighbourhood Partner Countries Meeting on the Expected 2015 Paris Climate Agreement.
- Meeting of the UfM Climate Change Expert Group (UfMCCEG).
- Steering Committee meetings: September 2013, February 2014, May 2015, March 2016.
- ClimaSouth Handbook N. 1: Building Capacity & Mainstreaming Climate Change Policy.
- ClimaSouth Handbook N. 2: Improving Climate Information